September 11, 2023 Meeting

Quorum starting, finishing
Meeting Timings starting, finishing
Called to order at


Adjourned at


Attendance here, there, dunno
Reports read and approved?
Previous minutes


Old Business things from before

Donations Received: $1000 - From Elks Lodge (Elks State Foundation) $100 - Kristopher's Culinaire $248.67 - SMPA

Dave Mensch FD Show: Discussing with Goldbelt

Water Fight Requirements: Guest Speaker - Sara Martinez - Discussion regarding selection of junior teams and reviewing eligibility for future fights. - Potential to run junior division as co-ed or add a second division (female) junior fights. *May be an issue to add an additional fight - Reviewed current rules; competition moving forward will require competitors to review rules

Fireworks Trailers: - Need to pick a day to teardown trailers and fix them, Wednesday September 6th @5:30p (Meet at Rotary)

Firemans Picnic - September 9th @noon, Miner's Park (will need tent setup) - Invites: Retirees, EMS?, City Council, Silas, Public Works, Ridgway Fire

September 11th Memorial - Will move to a 5yr or 10yr rotation (will not happen this year)

Ignacio Fire School - September 28th - October 1st - Chief will work to finalize details and distribute

Trainings - September 23rd, low angle rescue, 8am, details to follow

Highgraders - Motion made and seconded to donate to Highgraders $1000. All in favor: yes

Gas Detector Calibration - Need to check; MSA gas meters are on the way to replace Drager meters

Fire Hydrants - All fire hydrants that were previous broken are fixed. City continuously working to monitor water pressures.

New Business things coming

Fireman's picnic - Motion made to pay for beer motion made, seconded and approved.

Ignacio - 3 attendees

Low Angle Training - September 23rd, 8:00am @Ridgway firehouse

Gas Detectors - have not arrived

Wedding assist - Chief to help with a wedding using '36 truck to help.

Firework Trailers - Initial cleanup done. Next work session in early October; Bumper to schedule next work session and communicate via WENS. Discussing potential to assign a group of people to QA/QC/manage firework. Will look into getting a committee or group to manage New Years Eve fireworks show. John to order large shots for New Years show.